Friday, May 26, 2017

Moonshine Fest part II

Thursday, I went to New Straitsville, you can't imagine the drive down route 595, everything looks the same as it did in 1800. I went to the cave where the miners hid to form a union. The story of the fire the miners started, I wrote once that it burned of a half a century, I was wrong the fire was started in 1884 and it is still burning, I'm told they have it contained to a certain area, but it still burns.

There is so much more to learn. My book about the people of the area will be a story of life that could happen anywhere in the USA doing any kind of work. It will be a picture of American history, who the people of that time were, what they felt, the standards of right an wrong were at different times in history. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment